Well, after spending some time digging around I’ve found the trouble with my network. So I had two systems in the same box, one cloned from the other. So after running through all the different scenarios, I found that individually, both systems worked fine. Only when I turned on both systems at the same time did my network problems begin. I did some hunting on google, and as I often find, my situation is unique… well, at least unique enough that no one else has posted a solution 🙂
But Virtualbox did give me some clues… it got me thinking that it might be the network for the virtual system causing the issue. So I tried changing from a bridged adapter, with no luck. Then by a stroke of genius, or a stroke of luck, I finally noticed the option to refresh the MAC address.
Magically, everything started working again. So the morale of the story is if you clone a machine, make sure you change the MAC address, it could make all the difference.As always, thanks for reading and don't forget to check out our SAP Service Management Products at my other company JaveLLin Solutions,