As promised, I wanted to talk talk about some of the challenges of installing the MS SQL Server local database for the Eclipse SSC modeling envirmonment (I know, I know… it really is a mouthful). I got so spoiled using Variant Configuration this whole time. Everything was already there, aside for an OSS note or two for fine tuning. Anyway, I ran into 2 glitches when installing the SQL database, and of course, it couldn’t connect to Eclipse. If you haven’t checked out my previous post on installing the SSC modeling environment, check out my previous post. So, after some online research, I figured out what I messed up. there were 2 main things that needed to be done. The first was the authentication. I accepted the default of windows authentication… mistake # 1. If you fell for the same thing, here’s how to fix it…
Step on is to change the authentication of the server. go to properties.
Make sure SQL Server is selected under authentication.
After you restart the database, then you can go to the user “sa” and activate it.
Set the password to whatever you like, then select the status section.
Be sure you have the user enabled.
Next up, you need to make sure the TCP/IP settings are working… Go to the Sql Server Configuration Manager.
Navigate to the Protocols for MSSQLSERVER, and be sure to set the TCP/IP to enabled.
Then restart the server using services application.
Find the SQL Server service, shut it down, and the start it…
now if you go into Eclipse, it should connect to your db…
Best of luck… I’ll be back again soon as I learn how to use modeling environment =)
As always, thanks for reading and don't forget to check out our SAP Service Management Products at my other company JaveLLin Solutions,